Works for Me Wednesday

April 9, 2008 at 9:10 pm (Uncategorized, Works for Me Wednesday)

We had a terrific time on our trip to Mexico but are still feeling the pain of sunburn.  (I swear, I did put sunscreen on every 30 minutes but I’m fair-skinned and still got burnt.)  My husband was really really burnt and is now peeling.  His burn is still stinging and so I whipped out the vinegar when we got home to give him some relief.

Yes, I said vinegar.  To take the burn out of your sunburn, soak a cotton ball in vinegar and then rub it on the burned area.  Or, run a cool bath, pour in one cup of vinegar and soak for 15-30 minutes. 

Vinegar is definitely a multi-tasker at my house.  I use it to clean, mop and even use it instead of softener in my washing machine.

For more great ideas check out Rocks In My Dryer.

 

Advertisements

3 Comments

  1. robin@heartofwisdom.com said,

    This really works….I have been there and done that. Use White Vineagar….Not the apple cider vineager.

    robin@heartofwisdom
    http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

  2. Amy @ Experience Imagination said,

    Huh. Never woulda thunk it. 🙂

    Thanks for the tip. If the sun ever returns to my corner of the world, I’ll have to try this out!

  3. Amy said,

    I got roasted on a mission trip to Puerto Rico a few years ago, and some women in the church that we were staying with had us put on our swimsuits, stand up in the bathtub, and they poured vinegar on us. We stunk to high heaven, but it really does work!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: